Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bump, Set, Spike! (Feb 16 Email)

This week has been fun/hard/exhausting/spiritual. But we'll just focus on the fun aspect for now, eh? (: Last P-Day, we played volleyball with our district and it was seriously so fun!! Ya'll know me and you probably know that I suck at all things sporty, but you'll be pleased to hear that I actually did, surprisingly well! Now, Sister Leung-wo, on the other hand is so good at all sports! So, it's a little hard for me to play when she is so darn good, but this week I learned that I have talents and abilities that make ME unique and special. I'm learning more and more every day to love myself. (: But anyway, so sport with the district was really fun! Then we had family home evening with Ruby and Blaire's family and played volleyball some more. It definitely didn't help that it was a seriously hot day, but by the end of it my arms and legs hurt so badly. (; It was wonderful!

On Tuesday, we had District Meeting! I seriously love District Meeting. (: AND!! It was Elder Hester's first time leading our District Meeting. Needless to say, it was one of the greatest District Meetings that I've ever been too. I haven't been to many, but this was really really great. We talked about the importance of effective friendshares. Which is basically the lesson we teach members when we go over to their houses. We did some awesome roleplays helping us to get better at doing this! We also talked about having effective companion studies in which we can plan for our day and the people we'll be seeing. Elder Brann shared this awesome alliteration...Prior Planning Prevents Poor, Pitiful Performance.

This week we had companionship exchanges with Sister Bird and Sister Samataua. At first I was dreading it, but when it actually happened, it was one of the greatest things that has happened so far on my mission. Sister Bird slept the night with me in our flat and Sister Leung-wo went with Sister Samataua to Tuakau. I am so grateful that I got the chance to speak with Sister Bird. I got so many things off my chest and I literally felt so much better afterwards. (: I learned so much from Sister Bird! So much. She taught me that WE. ARE. MISSIONARIES. It is our job to talk to EVERYONE. Who are we to take the chance to hear the gospel away from anyone? We are called to be missionaries in behalf of Jesus Christ! Would he pass someone on the street just because of their appearance? No. Would he pass someone because they smell yucky? No. And neither should we! Those aren't the greatest examples, but...give me a break. (:

This week I had the awesome opportunity to hear Elder Russell M. Nelson speak! He came to Hamilton and spoke to the whole of our mission. (: But the story leading up to that is one of...not funness. (: Because the conference was scheduled to start at 9 the next morning, all the Pukekohe missionaries we assigned to sleep in flats of Papakura missionaries. So, on Friday night, we went up to Papakura and slept in Sister Pula and Sister Fiu's flat. Their flat was pretty nice, not the greatest, but it was alright. We were meant to be at the chapel before 6 the next morning, so we went to bed at 10:00 and woke up at 4:00 in the morning. It was TERRIBLE. So early. I thought 6:30 was early...nek minit. But it was so worth it in the end! We met at a chapel in Temple View and studied for about 45 minutes before the guests of honour arrived. In the party were Elder and Sister Russell M. Nelson, President and Sister Hamula (Pacific Area President), Brother and Sister Thompson (significance...unknown(; ), President and Sister Cezarian (President of the Wellington Mission), and probably the coolest ones of all, President and Sister Rudd. (: Then, as a mission, we all got the opportunity to shake hands with every single one of them. IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!! Oh! And President Rudd's father, Brother Glenn L. Rudd. He was a missionary under Michael Cowley, Mission President of the Auckland Mission for a time, Hamilton Temple President, and a General Authority. This man is absolutely amazing.

So, all of the guests of honour bore their testimonies and then Sister Nelson spoke and then Elder Nelson. Something that he said that stood out to me was "If you have joy, notify your faces!" So, basically, we can't be walking around looking all depressed. If we are actually, truly happy then we should look it! People aren't going to want to learn about the gospel of happiness if we look depressed...so look happy!! SMILE!!!! (: Another thing was, "Endure in fidelity the covenants that you made in the Temple." Because really, that is ultimate goal, eh? Yes, Baptism is like, REALLY important, but really the goal is to receive the Temple Endowment and Sealing. Pretty awesome, huh? It's not something that I had thought about before. I learned so many other things from all of the people, but a lot of it was just like spiritual awesomeness. (:

Each week gets a little bit better, and I am constantly growing and getting better, but it is still a challenge! Every day is tiring and I fall into bed every night, but I love the work! I love watching people let Christ into their lives. I love letting Christ into MY life. And at this time, I challenge all of you to let Christ into your lives! I found an awesome quote from C.S. Lewis today and I want to share it with ya'll! This is him sort of saying what the Lord would say to us, "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I WANT YOU. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man, but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will shall become your will. My heart shall become your heart." So, I challenge you all to do this. Give your all to the Lord! And you will see the miracles that can come from it. I can testify of this. (: I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your constant love and support! God Be With You Till We Meet Again. :D

Arohanui,
Sister Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment