Monday, November 18, 2013

Rachel's Second Email

So, I got put into a trio on Wednesday because Sister Penman has something wrong with her blood. So, it was her, Sister Lamoureux and I. It was so great. We all worked so well together! Both of our investigators committed to baptism, which made me so happy. It's an indescribable feeling when your investigator has gained faith in Christ and committed to come unto Him through baptism. (: OH, MY GOSH, IT'S AN AMAZING FEELING. I have learned and grown so much in the MTC and I've only been gone 12 days. It's fantastic.

I played in sacrament on Sunday and I was so nervous, but when I got up to play my song, everything just flowed out of me and it was so so good. (:

Sister Penman is SO HILARIOUS!! She kind of reminds me of LouLou, which by the way...I've been saying How Embarrassing and now my whole district says it. Fun Fact. (;

I can't believe I'm flying 7,000 miles away today, but I am so ready to be in New Zealand with my trainer and breathing in water! IT'S GOING TO ROCK!!!

The elder I've developed a crush on...(bad missionary) is supposed to come to New Zealand today with us, but his visa was delayed so he is going to Indiana instead.

I got another blessing from our District Leader and it was so amazing. I can't even begin to explain my love for the priesthood. I LOVE IT!!

Yesterday, Mary Ellen Edmunds was our Sunday devotional speaker and she was HILARIOUS!! She planned it so she forgot her talk and had to go and get it and then she changed the 13th article of faith into something about all the meetings we have and it was HYSTERICAL. I learned so much from her.

This week has been insurmountably better than last week. My attitude changed and I'm completely rocking missionary work. (: I love teaching people and I love helping their faith in Jesus Christ grow. Something that they really stressed here at the MTC was "Teach People, Not Lessons." Basically, saying that we need to love our investigator and then it will be all the more easy to help their faith grow.

I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about the flight, but I think I'll be fine. I've been praying for help and Heavenly Father has answered my prayers ten fold.

HE LOVES ME. AND HE LOVES YOU. HE LOVES MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS ALIKE. He is mindful of you and your needs and He will support you.

Okay, funny/scary story. On Wednesday, we were in "Classroom Instruction" with Brother Fegan, one of our teachers, and all of a sudden, Elder Strong starts like freaking out saying he's dizzy and that his depth perception is way off. Elder Christensen (the elder I'm crushin' on) was sitting right next to Elder Strong and he thought that Elder C. was really far away. So, we didn't really know what to do, but Brother Fegan was all calm and he called the front desk and they sent security up and this scary British Police Officer. The security officer called the doctor and the doctor prescribed this medication but Elder S wouldn't take it! So, they called paramedics who came and were assessing him. Elder Strong was so shaky, it looked like he had that disease that the boy gets in the Other Side of Heaven. It was pretty scary, so they stretchered him out and he was at the hospital for about 5 hours when they got home. He slept the whole next day. He was really sore because his muscles had been so tense and shaky. They haven't figured out what it was, but he has an appointment to see the Cardiologist. He's supposed to leave on Wednesday, but they think they're going to hold him back just in case it happens again.

This week was literally so great. OH! L. Tom Perry came on Tuesday! Did you know...he's 6'6" and he's 93 years old. He's insanely bouncy for being so tall and so old, but it was so cool to be there when he spoke. (: I sang in the choir! I saw Hermana Workman and Elder Lindquist! I've also seen Elder Hay and Elder Galura. It's been way cool to see a lot of my friends. (: AND I SAW BECCA KNOWLES! She works in the cafeteria, and it was way awesome to see her. (: The MTC is amazing! I love it. (:

I love you all and I am so grateful for your support, I can feel your prayers and I appreciate them so much. Heavenly Father is filling me up with his love and with the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I am becoming so much more than Rachel Pearce. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father and I know He loves me. (:

Photo #1 These are my Elders!!! From left to right: Elder Jones, Elder McDonald, Elder Hunt, Elder Strong, Elder Christensen ( (; ), and Elder Garner. (: I love them!!!!
Photo #2 This is Sister Lamoureux and I on the first night. (:
Photo #3 This is from left to right, Sister Lee, Sister Fisher, Sister Ware, Sister Kang, Sister Penman, Sister Lamoureux, and Me. (:

I love you all!!

Sister Pearce

P.S. I've lost about 15 lbs here at the MTC just because the food is gross and I don't eat much. (: Haha. Love you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment