Sunday, September 7, 2014

BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!

This week was golden! But before I go into that, I just want to tell you a little bit about this area...(:
1. It is the most hilly area I have served in. No where is flat, seriously everything is constantly on an incline or decline. (: It's good for the body!
2. Palangis or white people are in the minority in this area. In fact I don't think I've met another palangi other than myself. Okay, okay, that might be an exaggeration. Actually, no, it's not. In the majority are Asian, Islander, Indian, Iraqian, Asian, Islander, and Indians. Seriously. It's crazy.
3. The ward only feeds us 4 times a week. At first I was like a little complainy about it, but it's a good thing they don't feed us everyday. A feed in this area is more like a banquet for a king. The people make huge sacrifices to feed us. They are so giving.
4. I love my companion. Being out here in New Zealand has taught me that you truly can get along with anyone. And I have learned and am still learning how to do that. The world is so much happier when you get along with everyone!

Well, the week started out last Monday. I am in a district of 8 missionaries. 5 of those are either Tongan or Samoan...only two palangis, and one asian. But the other palangi, Elder Roberts, is in the Samoan program. So only Elder Au and I can't really understand what everyone is talking about. But it is so awesome! The Tongan missionaries are hilarious! Elder Mafi and Elder Tatafu. (: And I'm pretty sure they love me because I'm white! They are always talking to me and high fiving me even when I totally fail. (: Haha.

Tuesday rolled around and we had District Meeting. Elder Roberts is our District Leader and so this was his very first District Meeting. He did so well!! We talked about a really effective way to find people! There's this survey that we have come out with and it is really effective! It gets us in doors and resolves concerns straightaway! Sister Mauia and I had an awesome role play with our zone leader Elder Hillier. It was hilarious, but so good!(: After District Meeting, the zone leaders drove us down to Papakura where we picked up our brand new car!! It is so nice! A Toyota Corolla, brown, hatchback! It's adorable. (: We named her Laqueesha because she's brown. (: Driving here in NZ is totally different than in America, but I like it a lot more! There are no stop signs, just give way signs or yield signs. They are beautiful things! Haha. It's cool. (:

One of our keenest investigators, who was set for baptism this week, dropped us. We got this text on Tuesday afternoon, right after a mean lesson with our other investigator, and she said that she has decided not to meet with us anymore and that she doesn't want to get baptised. ): Both Sister Mauia and I had to develop testimonies of agency. It was good though. It taught us some really good lessons. We went over to her house a couple of days later and she said that she had been reading some stuff that put her off and now she just can't get over it. So we both bore our testimonies and encouraged her to listen to the next set of missionaries she comes across, but it was an official drop. Hard, but it was a really good learning experience. (:

Well, I officially left the world of teenagers this week! It's a little bit of a weird sensation, not saying, "I'm 19." I've been attaching "teen" to the end of my age for the past 7 years! Haha. (: I got spoiled on my birthday! 4 Cakes, Chicken Nibbles, Mashed Potatoes, Butter Chicken, Rice, Chocolate Milk, Whittaker's, French Toast, Eggs, and Fruit. It was so good! Probably the best birthday ever!

So there are like 4 beaches in our area and we went to one on my birthday and we're going to go out there again today for Preparation Day. (: I love New Zealand beaches, they are so nice!

Sunday was Father's Day, so HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY WONDERFUL FATHER! (:

I am doing so well! My companion is amazing and I love her so much!

Have a wonderful week!

Sister Pearce
I'll send some more photos in another email as well. (:

IMG_5680 -> Our District!
IMG_5712 -> A surprise visit from some of my old investigators!
IMG_5728 -> My Birthday Party. (:
IMG_5753 -> Me at the beach. (:
IMG_5762 -> The Missionaries of the Chapel Downs Ward. (:
IMG_5767 -> A New Zealand Beach. (:
IMG_5790 -> "NEAR FAR, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!"
IMG_5812 -> All of us. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment