Sunday, June 22, 2014

"We've been waiting for you all week!"

Wow, this week was one of those weeks that make a missionary go "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (: Sister Uele and I are having great success. (: I love her! We have such a good time together. She is definitely another one of my companions that will be my friend forever. (:

Now, hold on to your chairs because this is an awesome story:

Back Story: A couple of Saturdays ago, we got a call from someone in the Auckland Mission who identified himself as one of our investigators brothers-in-law. He went on to set up an appointment with us and our investigator. He mentioned that he and his wife were going to be down here to get sealed in the temple. So, that was totally awesome! Anyway, we had the lesson on Saturday night and in the history of lessons, it was probably one of the most perfect. But I'll start at the beginning. So, we got there and there were about 9 people in the room prepared to listen to us teach. So, introductions were made. Present were: Lawrence and Christine->Partners and our two main investigators. Lawrence->Christine's Father and one of our other investigators. Young Brother and Sister Paraku->The couple that got sealed in the Temple on Saturday. Brother Paraku->Young Brother Paraku's Father, who also got sealed to his deceased wife on Saturday. And then 3 of Christine's sisters were also there. So, once introductions were made, Lawrence said to us, "We have been waiting for you to come all week! We are so excited to have you in our home." So, we opened up with a hymn and then said a prayer. Then we taught a little bit about Heavenly Father and watched a Mormon Message about Heavenly Father and us as His children. Then we went on to teach the Restoration. We went through all of the topics, totally led by the Spirit and all the people in the room were just enthralled by what we were teaching. Lawrence and Christine and Lawrence were totally keen and listening to all we were teaching. Well, we finished off and I just felt so prompted to bring up baptism. So, we talked about it for a minute and then I invited them to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptised. At first they were a little hesitant, but then Lawrence turned around and asked Christine, three times, "Will you do this with me?" And she agreed and they both agreed to be baptised on the 26th of July. Then Brother Paraku brought up the fact that they would have to get married before they could get baptised and I was a little upset at first, but it ended up so beautifully!! They agreed to get married saying, "That wouldn't be so hard, would it?" It was such a beautiful and Spirit filled time. And I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father allowed me to be there!!

I went on exchanges with Sister Whiting this week! Sister Whiting was my Sister Training Leader in my first area too and so it was good to be able to catch up with her and talk to her about some cool things that have happened to both her and I! Well, something that she said to me made me realize that I have changed quite a bit. She said, "Sister Pearce, I can tell that you have changed and that you are much happier. You told me at the beginning of your mission that you wanted to become the person that Heavenly Father wants you to be and you are definitely becoming that." Man, that made me so grateful and so happy that I am a missionary and that I get to be so close to my Heavenly Father for 10 more months. (:

I love New Zealand. The longer I'm here the more I realize that I am falling in love with this country. The culture, the whakapapa, the people, the pride all combined into one make me so happy! The history here is so beautiful and I love being so immersed in such a unique culture. Kia Kaha!! Kia Ngawari!! Haere Mai kite kai! <-That last one means, Come Get Food, but it's one of our favourite sayings because we're always hungry. (:

Here are some photos that we took with our favourite family, the Brons'. (:

I love you all!! Have a brilliant week. (:

Arohanui,
Sister Pearce



No comments:

Post a Comment