Sunday, June 29, 2014

This week was...interesting...and there's not much to report on, but I'll do what I can to make it interesting.(:

Being a missionary is very unpredictable. Unpredictable in the sense that you can have almost no investigators one day and the next you have 5 or 6 that are pretty solid for baptism. Now, you might ask me, "Sister Pearce, how? How does that happen?"  One response that I could give you would be, "Well, we're just really awesome missionaries and the people can tell that we have the truth." That would be the wrong answer, however. Another response could be, "Oh, I don't know, it was probably just a coincidence that we met them on the street." That, too, would be the wrong response. Now, the proper response that I would and should give you would be, "We have been trying and working and struggling, but there is always a calm before the storm. Heavenly Father teaches us lessons by helping us, by allowing us to find people, by allowing us to teach people." I would also say, "When we work as a team, my companion and I work miracles and Heavenly Father prepares those miracles sometimes for years in advance and then he is merciful and gracious enough to let us be a part of those miracles." I am truly so grateful for all of the miracles that I have seen on my mission. There is literally no where else that I would rather be right now. I have come to recognize and appreciate the little blessings and the tender mercies that Heavenly Father gives to me. My companion is one of those. Sister Uele has been a great strength and support to me in this past week. I love every aspect of being a missionary. (: And I love being able to be so close to the Spirit and so close to Heavenly Father. I got a little bit upset this week because I didn't feel like I was getting answers to my prayers. But really what was happening is I was trying to change Heavenly Father's will. Not a good idea. The Bible Dictionary tells us that prayer is the act in which the will of the child comes into line with the Father. And when I learned that, it became much easier for me to realize that He has been answering my prayers, just in the way that was different, but much better than what I had expected.


This is the Pearse's. They are pretty much the coolest people ever. The only thing that would make them cooler was if their name was spelled with a 'c'. (: We had dinner with them last night and he made this delicious vegetable soup with ham and home made bread. (: Yum Yum!!

Like I said, not much to report on. We have interviews with President this week and I am really excited. I love President and Sister Rudd.

My arm is getting better. It's almost 100% now. Thank Heavens!!(:

I'm slowly learning the Tongan language. (:

New Zealand keeps becoming more and more like my home. I feel so comfortable and so awesome here. (: I'm finally figuring out who I am.  Not who the world wants me to be. I am who Heavenly Father wants and needs at this moment in time. (:

I love you all!!

Arohanui,
Sister Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment