Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cold like a Freezer, and Slow like a Snail.....

Oi Ah Weh! This weather this week was so special. I bought gum boots on Monday, so that I would be prepared for the rain...guess what, it didn't rain at all this week...but I guess that happens doesn't it? It was just So chilly and cold. I can guarantee that those of you with Central Heating and Air Conditioning take it for granted. When we wake up in the morning it is so cold in our flat that we can hardly move. We hop out of bed, turn on our dinky little heaters, and then pray, then we do our best to exercise right in front of the heater. Then, just before personal study, we have to wipe the windows of the water that has condensed on them, then again after companion study. It's to keep mould from finding it's way into our flat. (: It's actually a really fun adventure that I love being a part of every morning. (: I do admit that I will not miss it when I return home. (: More than 9 months have passed and it is flying by. It has been full of happiness, sadness, joy, pain, rain, and much, much more. I have loved this time so far that I have had to serve the Lord and I am ready to continue to serve Him!!!

This week on Tuesday, we had a Relief Society Activity and Chrissy went, so we were able to go as well! It was probably the greatest activity I have ever been too! It was an International Food Night! A Zimbabwean Sister from the ward, Sister Marjorie Kunaka, made us a traditional Zimbabwean dish called Sadza. (: It consisted of a stew like combination of Chicken and Carrots. A leafy green salad with corn and onions. And then she used corn...maize I think, but i could be wrong, but anyway, she made something akin to mashed potatoes with it. She boiled it for a long as time and then stirred it this special way that took a heap of arm muscle! She made it so thick that we could eat it with our hands. Which is the point because the eat with their hands in Zimbabwe apparently. (: It was a really really delicious meal! Then three Fijian Indian sisters, Sunita Swamy, Sangeeta Sami, and Shana Swamy, made us a traditional Fijian Indian Curry. (: They also made us Roti, which is a lot like Naan Bread. The only noticeable difference is that Naan doesn't have a definite shape. With Roti, the roll it into really thin pancake looking circles. (: Then Sister Swamy made us delicious Vegetarian Curry! It was delicious! Sister Uele and I attempted to make it the other day and we did pretty good! Our Roti was good anyway! (:

 There really isn't much more to report on this week, but Chrissy and Lawrence are officially taking the steps to enter the waters of baptism! They are getting married this Saturday at 11 and then getting baptized straight after. (: We are so excited for them! It is so amazing to see how far they have come in such a short time! I love being a part of this great work and I am so excited that I have a while left to serve Him!

This week I truly gained a testimony of the power of Sacrament Meeting! I had been asking questions and seeking for answers and I finally got them in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. It was an absolute amazing experience for me! I have grown so close to my Heavenly Father in these past 9 1/2 months and it is so wonderful to see how far I have come. (: And how far I can continue to go!

Here are some pictures from the Hamilton Gardens (:
41->Us(;

54->Sister Uele is...a Turtle Dragon? (:

75->This Garden is to honour the God of Kumara.

79->PUKANA!

81->Yep..

86->Welcome to New Zealand!

12->I'm in Italy!


I love you all!!
Arohanui, ofa atu,
Sister Pearce (:

No comments:

Post a Comment