Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rain, Wind, and Organizing a Wedding Baptism. (:

Can you guess what the weather was like this week? Yeah, I'm sure you can...(: Rainy, and extremely windy. Let me illustrate it for you. We couldn't use umbrellas because of the wind and we couldn't walk 2 meters outside of our flat without already being soaked. (: It was definitely an adventure all week long. Even though we are persistently soggy, I love it. (:

We had Zone Meeting this week and it was a surprisingly good Zone Meeting. It always drags on, but this time it didn't feel quite so draggy...(: We started out with Zone Notes, so the notes that President Rudd wanted us to take into account. Then Elder Noa Aiono gave us a training on the importance of inviting people to be baptised. So, our missionary purpose is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them to receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End." The first word is "Invite," so if we aren't continually inviting people to follow the example of Jesus Christ then we aren't fulfilling our purpose! Then we had this awesome role play with Elder Wilcken as the investigator. We would invite and he would bring up a concern and then the missionaries would rotate in and out and teach to his specific concerns. It was really good to see all of the missionaries teach and the different ways each of them teach. Even though I've been out for half of my mission I realize that I still have so much to learn and that I will probably never learn all of it in the remaining months of my mission. But the things that I will learn will forever benefit me both here and in the future. (: I can't believe the awesome way that Heavenly Father can mould you if you allow yourself to be clay in His hands. (:

So, the investigators that I have been talking about for the past couple of weeks are officially getting married and baptized on the 26th of this month. (: They are both so excited! And their excitement is making Sister Uele and I even MORE excited. (: They are totally awesome and we are just enjoying immensely teaching them and helping them to come to the knowledge that they are children of Heavenly Father who loves them and that His church has been restored to the Earth today! The other night we were having a family home evening with them on Wednesday night and we invited Lawrence to say the closing prayer and it was absolutely beautiful! He opened the prayer and then said, "I believe this is true and I believe that Joseph Smith restored your gospel to the earth. Thank you so much." It was so awesome! And they have already been to the court house to get their license to be married and the ward is stepping up to help with food and the other things that you need for a wedding. (: It is so exciting!

This week was good and I am seriously loving working with Sister Uele and the Lake Rotoroa Ward. (: The Lord is Hastening His Work and we are ALL a part of it. Don't think that you are exempt from missionary work just because you don't have a badge! We are all in this work together. (: Missionaries just do it full time. The Church is true. Jesus Christ lives and He Atoned for our sins so that we can one day return, clean, to the presence of Him and the Father. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we can truly grow closer to Heavenly Father by reading it. I am grateful for Eternal Families and for the blessings of the Temple. I am grateful for this chance that I have to be serving a mission is Hamilton, New Zealand. I can't describe my joy for this work eloquently or adequately, but I know that this is a divine work and that Jesus Christ stands at the head of it. (:

I hope that you all have a great week! I hope to hear from you! (:

Arohanui,

Sister Pearce

5175-> This is the Glenview Zone. (:

5180-> Me and Sister Uele

5185, 87-> This is the sum of our companionship in just two pictures. (: We have fun together. I don't know if you know this about Tongans, but they like to laugh and when Sister Uele gets going, it's like it's the funniest thing that she's ever heard. I love it! (: (:


No comments:

Post a Comment