Sunday, May 4, 2014

We lose NOTHING by trying!! - April 29-May 4

This week was really awesome. (: But first, I'd like to start off by saying how grateful I am to be on a mission. I have never learned so much, grown so much, cried so much, prayed so much, or loved so much in my life. It's safe to say that I have grown up in the 6 months I've been serving the Lord. All in all, I have become someone that I am proud to say I am. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I know that this Church is true. I know how powerful prayer is and I know how revalatory it can be. I know, more now than ever, that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is powerful and that it is real. I know that Jesus Christ died for ME and he rose again for ME! And because of His Atonement, I can repent, you can repent, and we all can repent and become clean! I know that Heavenly Father loves me. He loves me and His love for me is deeper than the ocean! How grateful I am for his love.

Okay, well, this week has been a little slow, but Sister Amituanai and I have stayed healthy laughing at one another and with one another. (: We have so much fun!! I think my favorite experience this week happened so randomly that we laughed for probably 10 minutes before we could carry on. We were just leaving our flat and had taken our bikes outside and put on our helmets when we decided that we would just walk to our appointments. Well, I took off my helmet and we put our bikes inside the flat. We were walking down the driveway when I looked over at my companion and SHE WAS STILL WEARING HER HELMET. I think the initial shock of seeing her with her helmet still on and the fact that she had no idea, well let's just say I doubled over laughing and she was so oblivious! She was like "What?!" I mean, she thought something was wrong with me. Anyway, I was laughing so hard that I couldn't speak and all I could do was point at her head. At this point I had tears streaming down my face and my lungs were struggling for air. Then we figured it out and we laughed even harder. Man, it was CRACK UP!!

The shower in our flat has been pooling up when we shower, so I took the liberty of cleaning out the drain. Well, a project I thought would take a couple of minutes, ended up taking 4 hours. It was terrible!! Let's just say that my hands have ventured into parts of a drain that should never be explored. It was so disgusting. But at the same time it was so fun!! Haha, we had to find a wire hanger and bend it and shape it and stick it down there and then we had a toothbrush and eventually we stuck the shower head down there and blew it out. Thankfully it worked and we were able to shower again!! (:

Well, we are struggling to find people to teach right now, but our 2 progressing investigators came as a referral from a member!! Angela and Marisha are mother and daughter and they are both so keen to learn more! They are keeping commitments and it is so awesome seeing their faces as we teach them! We are going to ask them to be baptized tonight and I am so excited!!

In Alma 56:47 it says, "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." I'd like to take a second and thank my mum for all that she has done for me. The knowledge that I have, the love I have from the gospel I gained because of the example of my mum! She always showed me the example and even though I was an egg and didn't follow her example until a little bit later in life, I know now that she has had probably the biggest influence on me! I love my mum and I am so grateful for all that she does! I didn't quite realize how much I loved her cooking until I came on a mission! (: I love you, Mom and I hope that you know that!! Happy Mother's Day! I can't wait to Skype you and the family!! (:

I hope you all have a fantastic week and I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! (:

Sister Pearce

4919 -> This is Sister Amituanai and I and the Elders that we double cover our ward with, Elder Daugherty and Elder Au. Elder Daugherty is from Brigham City and Elder Au is from Hong Kong.

4920 -> This is me in the process of bending the wire hanger and

4922 -> This is me with my hand in the unexplored regions of the drain. (:

4923 -> One of the Less Actives in our ward served a mission back in '92-'93 and she showed us her badge! Oh, how the times have changed! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment