Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Week Of Teaching, Testifying and Inviting!

This felt like the longest week of my life, but it was an incredibly good week!!

Monday night, we had Family Home Evening with Gwen at the Riggle's house. It was so good. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom and it was an awesome lesson. She accepted everything and every question she had, President Riggle was able to answer it and she committed to live the Word of Wisdom. It was so awesome. (:

Tuesday was woke up and it was freezing cold. Like I thought it was cold in Hamilton last winter, but this cold is like Antarctica. Then as we were driving around throughout the day, we saw the mountain and it had heaps of snow on it! 7291. We quickly learned that the status of the mauga (mountain in Maori) determines the status of our warmth, or should I say lack of warmth. So, that was cool. Literally. (;

District Meeting was about inviting people to be baptised the first time we teach them and we talked about different techniques that we could use to do that. Then Sister Perry went out and applied it! One of the recent converts in our branch, Kelly, gave us a referral for her friend Donna so we went over to Donna's flat on Thursday and started teaching her the restoration. Man, it was an awesome lesson and Sister Perry and I were teaching in awesome unity! And then at the end, we extended the baptismal invitation. And Donna said that she would definitely think about it. It was amazing. (:

I'm kind of jumping around in the week, so try to keep up. (:

Tuesday evening, as we were heading in for dinner, we got a call from Kelly. It was Cassy McIlroy, one of the other recent converts and she told us that they were in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Apparently Sister McIlroy, Kelly, and Cassy had gone down to Stratford to play in the snow and whilst throwing a snow ball at Cassy, Kelly had fallen and couldn't get up. So, they asked us to meet them at the hospital so we could say a prayer together.

We got to the hospital and Kelly was totally out of it on pain meds. It was so much fun! She was saying some hilarious things! Haha. I'll send photos in another email because they are too big. But it was probably one of the funnest times I've ever had. (: And we were able to teach a lesson to one of the volunteer Ambulance workers. It was awesome. (:

We have this new investigator, her name is Jess. And she is amazing. She has had a really hard life, but the past two times that we have visited her, she has said that it is totally an answer to prayers. For the moment, we are starting simple with her because she has no self esteem and doesn't really have a correct knowledge of who God is, but she is getting there. We are really excited to keep teaching her. (:

We had another lesson with Gwen this week and this time we taught her the commandments. We took Sister Joyce with us and that was totally inspired! They've met previously and Gwen knows one the less active members that we have been trying to contact for ages! So, hopefully Gwen can be a good tool in getting her back. (:

And last, but not certainly not least, the Gospel is true! Our mission is focusing more on becoming a Preach My Gospel mission and so lately I have been spending a lot more time in Preach My Gospel. I was, you know, reading it and studying it before, but I never really took it in and applied it. I have started doing that lately and man, it has become the best thing ever! I have learned so much and seriously my teaching skills have become more and more solid as I've been striving to apply the things that I have learned.

How grateful I am to be a missionary. Every day as I watch the Lord work through me to bless His children, I become more and more overwhelmed with His love, not only for me, but for all of His children that don't have this knowledge. Can you believe it? That is how much He loves us! I have definitely come to know Him as I've given my life to Him. I've come to know that I do have worth and that He loves me. My relationship with Him and with the Spirit has become something that I would never jeopardize.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!! And I will be a missionary for the rest of my life.

Sister Rachel Pearce
7304-> Us and Kelly. (:

7279-> Us at the pretty park we found on Monday. (:

7285-> Welcome to New Zealand!!

96-> Kelly at hospital. (: Sill Kelly! Feet aren't for breaking. We love Kelly! She has become one of my best friends ever!

123-> Cairo, Mikaela's nephew. (: We put blue tack on his face and he thought it was so awesome! (:
Here are two more photos from her companion, Sister Perry



No comments:

Post a Comment