Monday, April 6, 2015

No and Then Yes (:

This week was crazy! Crazy good. (: But nothing really exciting happened on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll start with Thursday. (:

So, Thursday started off down in Hawera at Zone Meeting. It was a pretty good Zone Meeting. We talked about how we can better help our members to be missionaries and I learned quite a bit! So, Sister Perry and I have devised a plan about how we are going to work with our members in the next few weeks and we are really excited! 

We rode with the Cardalls and on the way home we got Pita Pit. I am telling you all, if you only come to New Zealand to try their Pita Pit, you won't regret it. (: It is the best food I have ever tasted in my life! Yum, Yum, Yum. (: 

We got home at quarter past 2 and so we hopped into our car and headed off to pick up Lisa so we could all go an teach Gwen. The lesson with Gwen did not go how we wanted it to go, but it went how it needed to go. And, holy cow, did I learn the power of taking members to teach with us. Gwen told us that because of her bi-polar that she needs to stay as stress free as possible and she really felt that having a baptism date was making her feel really pressured and that her bi-polar was going nuts and because of that that she was turning back to alcohol and she said that she is trying really hard to get clean because she knows that after she gets baptised that she won't be able to do that kind of stuff anyway. So, we told her that she doesn't have to get baptised on April 18th if she doesn't feel that she can be clean by then and she said that it made her feel a lot better and a lot less stressed. We felt good about the lesson and how inspired everything Lisa said was, but we were sad that we lost her for April 18th

I don't know if I told you about the Chapmans last week? Well, anyway, they were a part member family and then Te Ata (the dad) decided that he would get baptised! So, 2 weeks ago he got baptised and then at District Conference, he was ordained to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. Well, on Saturday, Te Ata was able to baptise his 8 year-old son, Te Ata Hemi, and it was probably the most spiritual baptism I've ever been to. 

And guess who came? 

Gwen. It was a miracle in itself that she came and we were so excited! Well, when we were standing in the Relief Society room and Te Ata choked up when he was saying the baptismal prayer, Gwen started to just cry. There were just tears streaming down her face. And to be honest, there wasn't a dry eye in that room. As we walked back in to the chapel, Gwen just kind of stayed behind and we let her have a moment and then she came back into the chapel. After the service was over, we were talking with her and she just started crying again. She said that felt totally at peace and she felt that the 18th of April is a totally realistic date. 

When she said that my heart just filled with joy! I have never felt so much excitement for anyone in my entire time as a missionary. Gwen just told us that no matter how long she takes medication for and no matter how many therapists she sees, she won't ever be truly healed unless she becomes spiritually healed. How awesome is that? I have never met anyone who is so in tune with the Spirit! We love her so much! So, that's my no and then yes.(:

The Cardalls were awesome and invited our whole district over for Easter Lunch, it was such a cool time! (: 

Funny moment of the week: So, the day that we changed our clocks back, we got an extra hour of sleep, right? Well, the alarm always goes off at 6:25. So, it went off and I got up to turn it off and all of a sudden, Sister Perry sits straight up in bed and goes, "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" And I was way confused and still groggy, so I said, "6:25." And then she starts scurrying behind the curtain (her bed is next to the window) and she goes, "Where's my candle?" And I was still trying to wake up and so I thought she was just being funny and I started to laugh and I said, "I don't know what candle you're talking about! Your candle from Sister Cardall is there.." And then she lays back down and says, "Oh, no, it's, you know, one of those little circle tea candle things." And she was like trying to show me with her hands. At this point, I was in fits of laughter and I just said, "I don't know what candle you're talking about.." And she lays down all defeated and she sighs and says, "She's being so rude to me, she's laughing at me." And I just could not control myself. I was like cry laughing. (: And we were talking about the experience later and she couldn't even remember half of the stuff she said. So, we came to the conclusion that she was half sleep talking, half awake talking. (: She must've had a crazy dream about a candle and just had to find it. (: It was probably the most awesome moment of my life. 

It was so amazing to be able to celebrate Easter as a missionary for a second time. Because He Lives we can live a again! I know it's true. I know it is. My Saviour lives. And I am so grateful for the Atonement that He made on my behalf!! Share this inspiring message with the world! 

7235-> My beautiful (and unwilling) companion and I. (:
7239, 7240-> This awesome Yoda mural in town! A photo, to take, I must! 

 
7243-> We also saw this really furry chicken at the zoo...I haven't ever seen anything like it! 
 

Well, it's an incredible time to live on earth! The Lord is hastening His work and it is so cool to be a part of it. (: Keep up the good work, my friends! I love you all so much!!

Arohanui,
Sister Pearce
 
From the Editor:  Sister Pearce's companion sent me these.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment