Thursday, April 2, 2015

#BecauseHeLives

Confession time: I forgot my list of things to email, but I will really try my hardest to remember what we did this week. (:

Monday, we bleached T-Shirts with the elders. That was pretty fun. Elder Christensen, Sister Perry, and mine were the only ones that worked out properly. So that was funny. (:

We visited a lot of members this week because this coming Sunday we have an "Invitational Sunday." Last month the members were meant to fast and pray to have names brought to their minds about people that they can bring to church this Sunday, Easter Sunday. So, we were visiting them and sharing a message with them and then committing them to invite someone. We got commitments out of a lot of members, so it is going to be a really awesome Sunday!! 

This week was Gwen's birthday! We were so excited when we found out because we had planned to heart attack her front door and this just gave us a perfect opportunity! So, we probably really obviously asked her when she wasn't going to be home and she said around 4, so we went over there and we put heaps of hearts on her door! (: 7198, 7202 I love doing that. (: I love putting a smile on people's faces! 



I think the ultimate highlight of the week though, was District Conference. Because we aren't a Stake yet, President Rudd holds the keys for our District and so he and Sister Rudd and his two counselors and their wives were there as well!!! President Rudd invited all of the missionaries in the Taranaki Zone to go down to Hawera on Saturday night to attend the adult session on District Conference. It was probably the best Stake/District meeting that I have ever been to. It was absolutely amazing. The spirit was so strong and the talks were all about becoming better missionaries and also about better using the full-time missionaries. President Rudd said something really cool, as well, "Heavenly Father has turned His keys for member missionary work. People who may have not accepted us in the past will accept us now. That is why it is so important for the members and the missionaries to work together." And then he talked a whole heap about rescuing the lost sheep. Who are you going to rescue this week? 

Then the Sunday session was also really good! Gwen came to that and she really enjoyed it. I cannot believe how prepared she is to accept the Gospel. I am so excited for her to enter into the waters of baptism in April!! 

My dear family and friends, I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father and I know that He loves me. I also know that He loves you. I know that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and that he performed the Atonement for all the things that I have done wrong, but also so that I can progress and change and become more like Him. I know that the tomb is empty!!!!!!! How exciting is that? Jesus Christ died and then was resurrected three days later and I know that that is true. I know that because of His amazing sacrifice, we have the opportunity to live again. 

If you have been blessed with a testimony, I invite you to invite someone else to learn about this beautiful truth. And if you aren't sure, I invite you to ask. Ask someone you know who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to help you! Or better yet, find the missionaries and ask them! Take the challenge in Moroni 10:3-5 and ask God the Eternal Father in the name of Christ if this is true! He will answer you through the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true. It is true. I know it. (: 

Invite someone this week. Rescue someone this week. And I expect stories next week. Miracles can happen, my friends. The Lord is Hastening His Work!!

Arohanui,
Sister Pearce

7211-> Me and one of my very favourite less actives. Waitangi. She is an absolute miracle. She came from hard drug abuse and is now almost fully active in the gospel. I love her!
7214-> Sister Perry, Sister Rudd and I. (: I love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment