Tuesday, February 10, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! - Email Dated 12/21/14

Sorry for the late email everyone! We had quite the exciting day! In the middle of our email time, all the power at the library went out! We went on an awesome hike today, up Paritutu Rock and it was so beautiful! (: Every day I am astonished that I am in New Zealand. There's a joke about how God created the earth and this is how it goes...God started in New Zealand, so he put all of His attention to making it beautiful. Then He went to the United States and so on. By the time He got to Australia, He was just done, so that's why New Zealand is the best place on earth (Kiwis and Aussies have a major conflict...so I think probably a New Zealander made this up.)  So, this is what I was about to send. (: 

So, this week was really good. (: Monday night, we drove up to Hamilton! The drive up there is incredibly long, but incredible beautiful! It's about a 5 hour drive, but unlike the State's motorways, New Zealand motorways curve through and pass through towns and rolling hills and it is really too incredible to explain. (: It is much easier to make a 5 hour drive when there's nice scenery to look at. (: 

President Rudd gave us permission to go to see the Temple Lights and so that was a great blessing. (: We got to sing in the choir for the night.(: I loved it!! 

Tuesday dawned early and sunny. When we were told that we were having a conference, we were told to pray for sunshine and finished electricity for Camp Tuhikaramea. So, Heavenly Father definitely answered the prayers of 250 missionaries. (: We got to camp and the reunions started. It was absolutely amazing. I got to see all of my previous companions, except for Sister Holmes because she's home now, but it was so great to see Sister Amituanai and Sister Uele. Sister Ami finishes in about 9 days. It will be really sad to see her go, but her journey in the mission field is over. I love her!! I also got to have a good catch up with Sister Klundt. (: It was just a really great conference. President gave really great trainings and we had some really great missionaries share their talents with us. After the conference was over we started our long drive back to Taranaki. (: It was an even longer drive because we had to drive down to Hawera for companion exchanges. (: But it was a blast! 

I have learned so much about my Saviour this week. A lot of it I cannot write down because it is simply the feelings in my heart, but I do know that He lives. I do know that He loves me. I know that His love is powerful and so is His Atonement. Life is grand! I hope that you are all sharing the He Is The Gift video because it is a powerful one. (: 

We are being well fed for Christmas Day, I can assure you of that. We aren't really sure how we'll fit all of the food in, but I'm sure we'll manage somehow. (: I think as of now, we have about 5 dinners lined up ;O But we're so excited because we are going to be making little Christmas baskets for families in need and door bell ditching them. (: Well, actually...no one in New Zealand has door bells..except for on the really flash houses and I don't think any of them are in need...(; They do need the gospel, but a lot of them simply aren't ready for it. (: So we'll knock ditch them. Elder Mitchell's grandma sent him some money to be sub for santa so that's what we've decided to do!! It's awesome. 

6740-> Temple Lights! 
 
6744-> Our view from the pavilion at Camp Tuhikaramea. (:
 
6745-> Sister Mihaere and I . (: 
 
6750-> Only in New Zealand...I'm sure you'll figure out what it is...(:
 
6753-> Sister Klundt and I!
 
6757-> Package Time!!
I Love You All! I hope that you all have a Very Happy Christmas! Remember the true meaning however because that is all that matters. (: 
#ShareTheGift
#HeIsTheGift
#BecauseOfHim

Ofa Atu,
Sister Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment