Monday, February 9, 2015

Too Good For Words - Email Dated 11/16/14

How good was this week?! The weather wasn't, but we constantly found ourselves being in the right place at the right time.

It all started on Preparation Day last week. (: We again journeyed to the beach and did some more exploring. (: You'd think I was on holiday with where I am serving right now. I love it. (: 6534

The longer I am serving the more and more I feel Heavenly Father's love. My testimony of prayer has been strengthened immensely this week and I can feel the power of Heavenly Father's love even more in my life. The mission has taught me many, many things. Just a few go as follows: >The Lord loves us no matter where we are at on our journey. >He answers prayers. >We are here simply to become like Jesus Christ. That should be our sole motivation. >Obedience is key. I love being a missionary. I know that for a while I got a little bit distracted, but I am know now more that ever why I am here. And I am here to serve!

This week we met up with a less-active man and it turned out to be him confessing all of his wife's sins to us on their front step. It got a little bit heated for a while and Sister Baird and I were struggling to help him see that he is not her judge and that he will not be judged by her actions. Well, I can honestly say that I don't remember what I taught him because it was literally 100% by the Spirit. It was such a cool experience! And he came to church on Sunday which was the first time in like 15 years. It was all worth it!

We are teaching this family. And they are so close to baptism! We have this really great lesson planned for this week, Thursday that we are hoping to invite them and set them all in the same lesson! Pray for them. (:

Church yesterday was absolutely amazing. We got a new bishopric and we are so excited to work with our new bishop. We feel that now, the work will progress much faster. We got to stay after and watch him get set apart and it was the most powerful blessing that I have ever been a part of in my life. He's a really young bishop, but he is powerful. We are so excited to see the work move forward from here.

6543->On Friday, our new bishop fed us, but we didn't even know that he was going to be bishop. Anyway, the next day we went over to return their plates, but first, we made cookies and I discovered that I have a talent in chocolateiring. (: It was so fun. Then nek minit, he's our new bishop. (: It was fabulous!


6553-> I did Sister Baird's hair...enough said. (: She's beautiful!








No comments:

Post a Comment