Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Gospel is Beautiful - Email Dated 11/30/14

Wow! This week was pretty crazy! After a week of adjusting to New Plymouth, Taranaki, I am still adjusting! It is really different than all of my other areas have been! For example: We are the only Sister Missionaries in about a 3 hour radius, we triple cover the ward with two sets of elders, our area is so big that it isn't possible to do anything other than ride in the car, we see the ocean every single day, Mount Taranaki is the lone giant that dominates the horizon on a clear day, and it is not yet warm even though it's meant to be, but best of all...we live in a house...with stairs!!!!! But it is SO BEAUTIFUL HERE! Seriously, this is what I thought all of New Zealand would look like and I'm not sure that I have words adequate to express my feelings for this beautiful place. (:

This week has really been a turning point in my spiritually, I think. Sister Baird teaches me so much every single day and she has really helped me to see the joy of living the gospel much clearer. My testimony grows every single day. As I work my way through the Book of Mormon, I have once again gotten stuck on the Isaiah chapters. So, I have been praying harder than I have ever prayed in my life to see the symbolism and the great words that Isaiah wrote and a new light has come into my scripture study. It is amazing. I love the Book of Mormon. (: Everyday, I see Heavenly Father's hand in my life. Whether it is seeing Mount Taranaki dominating the scenery, or seeing the blue ocean, it doesn't matter, He is there for me. (: 

We have an investigator who is set for baptism!! The previous sisters set her for the First of January because she needed to get married! Well, we hadn't met her until this previous Saturday, so we weren't really sure what was going on with her wedding date, but we had this mean lesson planned on Eternal Marriage and stuff like that. Well, we get into our lesson on Saturday (her daughter is a convert of 3 years and she's the bomb!) and she starts telling us about how she had been praying to Heavenly Father to know if she was meant to marry the partner that she was with. She asked for a sign to be given to her to know and Heavenly Father gave her a sign that she isn't meant to marry him! How cool is that? So, our lesson had to change in a split second. We followed the Spirit and decided that we should focus our lesson on Jesus Christ. So we did. And we asked her daughter to share her testimony on Christ and about halfway through Melody, our investigator, what just in tears. It turned out to be one of the most powerful lessons I have probably ever had on my mission. And now she has decided to get baptised on the 13th of December!! She has decided that she doesn't want to wait anymore. It strengthened my testimony on the Saviour so much. I love the Saviour. He is my rock. I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have a solid foundation upon the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this gospel. (:

I am so grateful to be a missionary. (: I am so grateful that I get to be on the front row while watching the Atonement change people into who the never thought they could be. Melody is a perfect example of how the gospel changes people. It is amazing to see and hear her testimony! I can't believe that I've been living among such amazing people for over a year now. I am so grateful for all of the things I have learned. I am grateful for this stage that I've been able to and will continue to have in my life. I have learned so much about myself. Some things that aren't necessarily the greatest, but that is why I love the Atonement. It allows us to change and become the people that we need to be. My challenge to each of you this week is to more diligently study the scriptures. Feast upon the words of Christ. And send me your experiences!! I'd love to hear them. (: 

I love you all!! Ofa Atu!!
Sister Rachel Pearce 

6620-> MOUNT TARANAKI!!! Just so you know, Taranaki means "The Lonely One," in Maori. (: 
 
6622->The Ocean we see EVERYDAY!!!!(: 
 
6645-> Just a casual waterfall in our area. (: 
 
6649-> Just us casually in front of the waterfall in our area. (:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment