Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Testimonies of Children - Email Dated: 01/04/15

This week was slow, but it was good. New Year's Eve and New Years Day in New Plymouth is a bit like..I think it's Midsummer Night's Eve in Fablehaven. Crazy. Haha. So, we had to be in before dark. It was pretty fun. (: President Rudd allowed us to stay up and see the New Year in as long as we were in bed by 12:05. So, Sister Baird and I stayed up chatting and stuff. It was really fun. (:

Nothing too great really happened this week, but one thing I have been working on is this thing called the 40 day fast. I may have talked about it, but basically it is a fast from the things that keep us from being like Christ and I finally have my list! I have chosen 10 things that are a combination of things that I can stop doing and things that I can start doing. And I feel really good about each of those items on my list. Heavenly Father has been helping me immeasurably the past couple of days as I have been striving to change and set goals and make plans to help me become more and more like His Son. 

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. It was one of the best that I have ever been to for three reasons: Cody, Alexandra, and the fact that I actually learnt how to fast properly this week. I had a really powerful experience with my fast. It was amazing. And then the two Riggle kids. Cody and Alexandra got up to bear their testimonies. They are amazing little ones. I love them so much! It's amazing. (: they're amazing. We should all be striving to be a little more like children. 

That's really all I have from this week. I hope that next week is a little bit more interesting. (: Every week is interesting and powerful, it's just hard to explain it when the growth is coming from inside of me. 

I love you all!!

Sister Pearce 

6773-> The District. (:
 
6785-> Selfie time at the Beach!! #Casual
 
6791-> Six weeks ago, Brother Coward, our Brand Mission Leader, asked us to contact a less active, who has been on a mission. We have been trying every day for the past six weeks to catch her and yesterday her car was home all day and we knocked and knocked and called and called and she never opened the door. We. Will. Get. Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment